Really? Am I 30 years old?! Oh yes...I had my 30 years of life celebration this past Sunday. I used to think that people who were 30 were grown ups and old! Well I would like to think I'm a grown up but I do NOT feel 30! It is the new 20 or so I'm told! I TOTALLY AGREE!
I had a full week of PAR-TAY! Last weekend we were in Poole and Ben threw me a surprise party! I LOVE LOVE LOVE surprise parties! I love throwing them, going to them and mos def love one of my own! I joked with Ben about giving me one but he has been so busy with his dissertation (yah two weeks left of his Masters...we can't wait!) that I thought I would be lucky to get to go out to dinner. Well, little did I know that the cogs were turning many weeks ago! He had invited all my London girlies down (whom I never get to see) our friends from Poole and here and family from all over. We went to this super beautiful park and all of the sudden they were coming out of the woodworks! It was so great! We ate lots of cake and chatted as long as we could!
Ah but the fun didn't end there. He has been treating me all week long!! Extra dishes, extra laundry folding, hoovering, taking care of Owen...the list is endless. Can I just say that he does these things all of the time but did so much extra more this week. Then it was a day of pampering on Saturday followed by a little shopping and dinner at my fave restaurant! Sunday I woke up to presents all over the bed, a decorated house and yummy breakfast. Ben spoiled me and got me some cute heels, some jewelry without knowing what I wanted...pretty good! Diesel perfume which I have been wanting forever but he never knew....he just liked the way it smelled! How lucky is that?! I was pretty impressed with the purchases considering a limited budget and nil time! Then that night we had friends over for cake and ice cream. All in all...a good show. YAY to the thirties...I like you already!
Tuesday, September 02, 2008
Posted by
Linz
at
4:30 PM
Labels: the new 20
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

10 comments:
Glad you had a great Bday...I am sad I couldn't be part of the big celebration! Sounds like it was a grand time!
Did you get my card?
Yeah!! Happy birthday lady! So glad you had a good one.
Happy 30th for sure! It has to be the new 20's because this is the best phase of life...so far!
I can't believe I forgot your birthday! I'm so happy for you and your awesome celebrations! You definitely deserved to turn 30 with a party and lots of fun! Love ya!
Happy birthday and welcome to the 30 club. It's awesome!
Fun! Fun! Happy Birthday girl! So sad I wasn't there to join in the fun. Sounds like a blast. You have a good man... tell him I said so. Kudos to Ben!
Happy birthday. You have now arrived at thirty, flirty and thriving!!!!
Welcome to the 30's... I agree, it used to sound old but it certainly doesn't feel old!
Happy late birthday!
So glad it was fun. You totally deserved it! Keep on rockin!
i jealous. christmas bdays suck. happy 30! i'm actually enjoying my crows feet and the wisdom i've gained.....
Post a Comment