Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Photobucket


Oh this baby! Owen is continually making us laugh! As you can tell he is all about being outside and running as much as he can! Poor thing, we need a backyard! Anytime I open the door, either to get the mail or take the rubbish out he thinks we are going to go outside and TOTALLY flips out if we don't. I should be a bit more proactive about it but when it is raining, forget it, I have no desire to go outside! Once I get driving here, different story but when you have to stroll in the rain....no thanks!!

On another note....we are in our LAST WEEK of Ben's masters program. He is busy busy finishing his dissertation and stress is all up over the house right now but we are looking forward to a week from today when he turns it in and we can no longer call ourselves students!! Unemployed but at least not students!! HA HA! Everyone is asking where we will go and honestly we don't know! We are applying to jobs in the UK, the US, Australia, New Zealand, France, and Spain. Ben would love to go to Thailand, India, Indonesia....any where third-world really. I think if we didn't have children or weren't planning for more, I would hop on board BUT I am MUCH too much of a diva to want to give birth in those kinds of countries let alone the health care following. Sidenote: Just for those of you who want to vote in Obama and his support for socialized health care.....unless you have experienced it...think twice!! ANYWAYS, we will see where the wind takes us over the next several weeks as far as jobs go! We'll be seeing you all soon in October and November! I cannot wait for Owen to experience Halloween!

6 comments:

Kari said...

You certainly have a cute little man! and I love how you talk now...so proper, "rubbish" and "stroll." You are so refined! Congrats on almost being done with school! Yea!

The Blakes said...

Hooray for finishing school! Good luck with the job hunt and hopefully I'll see you when you're back in town.

TJ and Jen Sherwood said...

happy late birthday! we just had dinner with your parents the other night with some of the other family and they said you guys might get to come back here if ben gets a job! that is very exciting but it would be cool to go to all of those other places as well!!

Sara said...

I am so excited for you guys and the amazing adventures you are going to be having! Congratulations Ben on finishing up with your disertation! (sp?)

I majored in International development and focused on third world countries. I had so many dreams of traveling to developing countries (mostly in Africa or South America)- I so wanted to do the Peace Corps, but once I started thinking about having a family, I knew that traveling the world with them probably wasn't going to happen- or be the best thing for them either.

Basically, I decided to be a mom instead. I'll admit, that it was hard to accept in the beginning, discarding one dream for another. But I think it's working out OK. I love my kids :). I'll just live vicariously through you guys!

kellibattraw said...

What an exciting time Lindsay! Best of luck with the job hunt! : ) Oh, and your little guy is so stinking cute!

Brooke said...

I just love that little boy! He is so darling! Will he marry Rheesie?