After a full year of research, 4 months of deeper research, several weeks of writing, deep deep research, more writing, more writing, few hours of sleep and then the last 36 hours of no sleep...it is DONE! Even though I was not the one writing it, I feel like I am just as relieved as Ben is! Poor guy spent the last two days perfecting every bit and when I woke up yesterday morning he was on his way out the door to get three copies of his dissertation printed. He was wasted and worn but I could see the hint of satisfaction in his eyes. He turned it in and called me up and said, "LET'S CELEBRATE!" We went to lunch with all of his classmates and his professor/advisor. It was like sitting at a table with zombies! They were all beyond it but it was a really sweet moment for me to get to be a part of. Ben's professor came over to me and told me about when he first met Ben. He said I remember him telling me that he just became a father two months prior. He said, "This guy is absolutely mad! How can he do this intense course with a brand-new baby, wife and a job?!" I said, "Well, he is quite the juggler." Then he went on to tell me how impressed he was by him and how he managed to do it all and do it well. He said he had been pretty shocked really. I said, "Not me! He always has had it in him!"
Ben has always underestimated himself. He jokes about being the "jack of all trades but master of nothing." I can't think of anything that is farther from the truth. I am always amazed that he can pick up just about anything but what he doesn't realize is that he picks it up and does it well! What I could do if I was like that?!?!
Well, we are so proud of him and were looking forward to what is coming ahead....A JOB!!! YAY!
Wednesday, September 17, 2008
ANOTHER DISSERTATION DONE!
Posted by
Linz
at
4:28 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Congrats. I bet that feels amazing for all involved. Really it is an accomplishment. Oh and I think we are all secretly pulling for the job in US. Keep us posted. :)
Congrats Ben! And Linz, too! Way to go!
Congratulations. Ben we are soooo proud of you. What an accomplishment!! Jon Schaack wrote a family letter a couple of weeks ago and said something to the affect that Lisa told him she likes being married to someone who doesn't earn any money. He is through dental school and working on a post-graduate degree in pediatric dentistry so he's got 2 more years. But he did get his dental license so he can play dentist a few days a month.
Congrats you two! That is quite an accomplishment for the both of you. I really hope that Ben finds a job here in the States. I'd prefer it to be in W.J. Utah. Try and work that one out:) Love you guys
what an accomplishment. Of course we are all pulling for the states!!! It would be great to have you here for good.
Saw your mom in the temple a week or so ago!! Annie will be here for Thanks. and Christmas. We all ought to go to lunch or something!
Post a Comment