Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Weekend with D & Pep..

We had a super fab weekend with Ben's brother Darren, his wife Pepa, and their two little girls Ava and Isobel. It was a welcome break from all the stress of the dissertation. Normally, I stress out with having guests. I admit, I don't love it. I always dread when they are coming as it causes more unwanted stress! Don't get me wrong....LOVE the guests just not all the other crap that comes with it. My mom has told me it is a family curse that has passed down from mother to mother! Instead of enjoying the guests that are visiting, I can't stop thinking about the cleaning that has to be done when they leave. I stress about the overly wet bathroom, the crumbed kitchen floor and the stack of dirty dishes that perpetually pile up. I just don't love all the cooking and cleaning that has to be done with visitors. I grew up in an immaculate home which I loved. I love things clean but it goes hand in hand with the stress that comes in keeping it that way. One day, when money is a little more ample the first thing I will do is hire a maid to come to my house once a week and thoroughly clean! OH the joy when that happens!

Saying all of that...this time was totally different! I really really enjoyed our weekend with D & Pep. I'm not sure why I didn't stress like I normally do. We are both sort of the same age and our kids love to play with each other. Ava is three and always giggly and laughing! Isobel and Owen are only a month apart so I think they relate a little. We all wanted to do the same things and we needed to get back to put kids to bed at the same time....blah blah. We stayed up after the kids went to bed and played Scattergories till the wee hours....I won of course! It was just fun and needed and we totally want to do it again! Thanks D & P for the fab time!

We went to this wicked little town not too far from us called Looe. We went to the beach, ate some homemade ice cream and shopped. We had a BBQ that night with Ben and Erana which totally tuckered the kids out...it was great! Then on Saturday we all slept in till 9:30!!! WOAH! I was amazed! We went into town and then up to the Hoe to, in the words of Sheryl Crow, "Soak up the Sun!" It seems to be a rare thing so we had to get our VIT D in for the year! Then we had some fab stir-fry by yours truly, put babies to bed, played Scattergories till way too late, ate strawberries and peaches in cream, crashed. Ate waffles and French toast for brecky, went to church, came home and had Dr. Pepper roast which I must say was my best one yet and could be rivaled with that of the all star DP roast by my bro Bri! I found the secret bro and I can only perfect it now! Anyhow....here are a few photos from the weekend!

Owen and Izzy relishing the ice cream break!
Photobucket
The old fashioned candy shop in Looe...so yummy
Photobucket
Iz enjoying her popsicle!
Photobucket
Ava being Ava while eating her ice cream cone!
Photobucket
The streets of Looe
Photobucket
Old fashioned farmers shop
Photobucket
Pep with Ava up on the Hoe having some lunch
Photobucket
Ava making an important phone call
Photobucket
Owen being the most yummy babe alive and a total crack up too!
Photobucket

4 comments:

Auburn said...

What a fun time! I'm with you on the stressin' about guests. In my head I want to be a master "entertainer", but I'm always stressin' about the carpet getting dirty or the dishes, etc. It's hard to find the balance!!

kellibattraw said...

Lindsay you take such amazing pictures! I'm a little on the stressed side too as the hostess, but I love to entertain too much to let it get in the way. : )

Nash said...

I freak out about cleaning when fam comes. I tend to go overboard. I do realize quickly that as soon as everyone is in the house, no one can even tell if I cleaned the floors or not. Irritating! Oh well. Glad you could enjoy it this time.
I did learn that apparently that spider is a sun spider, or az sun spider. I hope I never see it again. ugly creatures. I didn't realize you will be here in Oct. It would be so fun to see you finally.

Brooke said...

Looks like a great time! You are a fab hostess. My guests are lucky if there isn't crumbs in their bed, forget the kitchen floor! I want that old fashioned candy store at my house...YUM!