Sunday, July 08, 2007

Owen James....




Well, FINALLY he is here! I thought I would grab the spare moment Ive got and present our little guy! I went to the doctors on Wednesday and they sent me up to the hospital because they were worried about my blood pressure. The midwife there swept my membranes for me and that night I started to have some contractions. I woke the next morning (actually I never really slept!) and I tried to tough them out until we went to the hospital at 2:00 that afternoon. I was a six when I got there so the epidural was very welcomed!!! Labor took awhile but he finally arrived at 2:30 the next morning on 7-7-07!! He weighed 10 pounds 5 ounces and were not sure how long is as they dont do length measurements here. He is the most beautiful thing we have ever seen and we feel so blessed that all went so well. He was a whopper to push out but so worth it! Mom is feeling great and Dad was the best coach ever! We'll keep you updated! We have to thank my mom and dad who endured the day with us and thankfully brought their camera as ours died in the midst of it all!

14 comments:

The Blakes said...

CONGRATULATIONS! He is so beautiful! 10 lbs? I'm speechless! What a great birthday for Owen! Lots and lots of love to you all - and wishing you a speedy recovery!

Jamie & Johnny said...

YEAH!!!!! So happy to hear he's here and everyone is doing well. He's a doll (10 lbs and all). Keep us posted and the pictures coming and give him tons of hugs and kisses from all his girlfriends in AZ! Good job Linz and congrats to both you and Ben. :)

the Painters said...

YAY, he is here!!!!! You did it momma! I'm so proud of you. He is a beautiful baby. I love his lips and little nose. Too adorable. What a whopper too! 10 lbs!

Nash said...

OHHHHHH!! He is a beautiful baby. Seriously, some babies don't look so HOT those first few hours, he has good color. Obviously they change SO much in the first few days. Dude, you need to be induced next time, a week early so you don't have to push out such a big kid. I thought my 9lb 8ouncer was big.
Is he heavy? Everyone that held Vance said he felt like a brick, and they tested his blood sugar every 20 min or so.
CONGRATULATIONS! I am SOOOOO excited for you. I am glad your parents are there and hope your mom can stay longer than a week. I wish he wasn't going to be 6 months old before we see him.
Make sure and use that PERI bottle, that thing will be your best friend. Seeing him makes me want to have another brand new baby...............ALMOST!!!
Sorry for such a long comment, but I just love HIM!
Take care, and keep us posted with lots of pictures.

Brooke said...

Linz! I can't believe he's here! CONGRATULATIONS! And 10 pounds! You are one heck of a woman! Don't worry, I am not trying to cheat you the 5 ounces. You have earned them! WOW! He's just too perfect! Can't wait to see him and squeeze those cheeks!

Courtney said...

The little englishman is here!! OH, I can't believe it is true! I am so happy for you both....he is so handsome! I can't wait to love him and see you all....can't Christmas come sooner??

Auburn said...

Oh - what a Sunday surprise for me. I've been checking your blog like crazy waiting for the annoucement, and was so excited to see that he's finally arrived. I'm glad you had a healthy 10 pounder, he looks just perfect!! I love the name too, it's adorable - just perfect for Lily's british buddy! I can't wait to see more pictures, and I'm so glad that things went well. I know you are going to love motherhood, and be just GREAT at it. Oh, and Dave just wanted me to tell you again, that I've been checking like three times a day to see if he's arrived yet. I think that he's just glad that he's here, so I won't be checking anymore ;o)

Katie Peterson said...

What a handsome little guy & he was so big too!!! Can you believe he was actually inside you?? What a lucky b-day, you will never forget that one 7-7-07. Get some rest!! We love you!!

Katie said...

I about had a heart attack when Kim left the message that he was over 10lbs. WAY TO GO! Oh how I wish I could come visit and give him some "Aunt KK" lovins and let your hot stuff get some rest. He is just beautiful Lindsay! I am so happy for you and Ben. You guys will be such great parents. I'll have to try and get to Arizona when you are visiting over Christmas. I love you!

Jaime S. said...

Linz, wowzers! 10 lb baby. You go girl. He is very cute.

AK said...

wow wow wow!! He looks great!

Dave and Tricia Folsom Family Fun said...

Congratulations Linz - Nothing is better than a baby with cheeks! Enjoy having your family around to help. Can't wait to see some more photo's once you get home and settled!

Sara said...

Yay!!! Congratulations Linz and Ben! I am so excited for you and your beautiful Owen! I'm so excited for you guys! Owen was born on the luckiest day of the century. That is so so cool!

Jill said...

Good show, Linz! That's a freaking big baby! Congrats!