Friday, May 11, 2007

What a pregnant "ALWAYS" wants to hear......

"You sure you havent got two in there?!"

My response: NOT SINCE THE LAST TIME YOU ASKED ME!!

"Geesh you just keep getting bigger and bigger!"

My response: WELL THAT'S THE IDEA!!!

Why do people say such silly things that they should know you DONT want to hear!!! What boggles my mind the most is that its usually WOMEN ,who have been pregnant, who make such dumb comments!

I wish I could wear a shirt that says "Say something stupid and I will not be liable for the consequence!"

9 comments:

Brooke said...

What's even better is now that I'm not pregnant, people tell me how much thinner my face is getting, and remind me how big I once was! How RUDE!

Courtney said...

I remember I was walking through the mall one time and was in an elevator with a lady that said, "so I assume you are having a girl..." I was like, "no actually, a boy." she said, "oh, but you are wearing a pink shirt!"

Are you kidding me?

Linz said...

That is straight up funny! So I guess I should wear blue all the time since its a boy?!?! HILARIOUS!

The Blakes said...

Towards the end is definitely the worst. Everyone seems to think you don't look in the mirror every day and know for yourself that your are growing mammoth proportions each day. Have any strangers reached out and rubbed your belly without permission? Another favorite of mine!

Auburn said...

Gotta love those idiots. I remember going to the bank when I was about 7 months along and this tiny little asian teller asked me how many months I had left, and I told him "two months", he said, with his asian accent, "whoa, that is going to be a giganticus baby". To make myself feel better, I just decided he must have thought I was huge because Asain people are so little.

the Painters said...

Embrace your belly Lindsay cause it is the miracle of life. I enjoyed all my compliments when I was prego and beleive me, I got huge!!! I had an almost 9 lb. baby. I thin it's sweet when people say things...but I can see how some comments can be a little off kilter.

Nash said...

Ok, I'll share a story that fits yours perfectly.
I'm in the hall at church & a girl (who's married to a guy we went to school with) jumps into a conversation I'm having and we are talking about bellies and I happen to say that this time around mine is smaller than with my other two. She (who helped herself to our conversation) says to me, "Gee, I thought you looked HUGE!" I was so PISSED! She is a mother of 2. I had a lot of things I wanted to say back like....well I won't say them on here.

Linz said...

Yah its kind of sad how women seem to pick on each other more than lift each other up! Us ladies here will have to make sure we dont join THOSE kind of ladies! Women can be such an amazing force for good things when they pull together yet when they feel the need to be something else its like WWIII!

Stephanie and Paul said...

and it doesn't stop once you have the baby...people are always commenting on how fast/slow they think you're losing weight. and they feel completely fine telling you the same about your baby. like, "well, he sure doesn't miss many meals, does he?" what am i supposed to say to that?!