
This past Sunday we blessed our little lady Liberty Ruth. Her name is really special to me. We had a number of names that we loved but when it got down to the wire both Ben and I couldn't agree on one. We decided that the two finalists were either Eliza or Liberty. I think Eliza is so pretty and it is also a name in our family tree. I have always loved the name Liberty! I don't know any Eliza and I only know of one other Libby, a cousin who is a very wonderful person! As many of you know, coming up with names leads you to associating names with others which sometimes can put you off to a name or love it!
Thus is took us awhile to even make a list of names we could somewhat like! We both agreed that we would wait until we saw her to decide. Honestly, I had felt that she was a Libby for quite some time. I suppose that has a great deal to do with carrying that baby for 9 months and the feelings you have while you are pregnant. As with Owen when I thought of the name, something about it resonated with me. I had prayed that we would find a name that she would love and when I remembered it off of a name list, from years back, it stuck with me almost the entire pregnancy.
Thus is took us awhile to even make a list of names we could somewhat like! We both agreed that we would wait until we saw her to decide. Honestly, I had felt that she was a Libby for quite some time. I suppose that has a great deal to do with carrying that baby for 9 months and the feelings you have while you are pregnant. As with Owen when I thought of the name, something about it resonated with me. I had prayed that we would find a name that she would love and when I remembered it off of a name list, from years back, it stuck with me almost the entire pregnancy.
Ben was not convinced.
He feels that I chose Owen's name and that he wasn't totally sure of it (at the time of course, Owen is SO OWEN now!). So as he sensed my preference for Libby he took to liking Eliza more, go figure! I wanted to be open about it so I prayed that we would know what would suit her character when we saw her. So within two minutes after she was born and I was holding her on my chest, a tender Ben said,
"She is no Eliza, she is our Libby."
It was sweet and felt right. We love what Liberty Ruth means. Liberty of course meaning freedom which I think for all of us is a deep rooted truth and desire to be at will to choose for ourselves. I've also always loved Moroni's Title of Liberty. I'm glad that her name is associated with it. Ruth, means compassion, mercy and sympathy which we hope she will always have. It is also a middle name that she shares with Ben's mother.

(her Nana Margaret Ruth and Libby....aren't they sweet?)
We love the two together and think that they have an amazing significance. She was blessed to be able to live up to this name, to be a peacemaker and an a great example to those around her. Ben did a great job and her blessing was sweet and perfect.

Her Nan bought her blessing dress, it was so beautiful on her. An forever heirloom piece. I was totally worried it wasn't going to fit!! Owen's blessing outfit couldn't be buttoned up, his neck was so chubby! She has been growing at the same rate he did so I kind of expected the same thing! The bonnet had a little bit of a hard time but it was so cute with her curls coming out of it! Thankfully, the dress fit her perfectly. Of course she had a blowout just before she went up for her blessing and there wasn't time to change her! Thank heavens for the onesie underneath that saved the dress from mustard yellow destruction!

Her Aunt Kimmy made her bracelet and a matching one for me....so very sweet and touching.

It was a great day for our family. We had Ben's parents there and Ben's younger brother. It was a bummer that not all could be there but it was special nonetheless!
Other news, Libby had her 8 week check up, she is 24 inches long and weighs 14 pounds! She is in the 98th percentile for everything but off the charts for the size of her head! HELLO!?!? The dr isn't worried since it is proportionate to her body but GEESH no wonder she had issues fitting the bonnet! She doesn't fit a lot of her clothes anymore and even some of her 3-6 month stuff doesn't fit! It looks like she is going to have blue eyes which I just CANNOT GET OVER! Both Ben and I have brown eyes! The only thing that keeps me from not being sad about that is that she had to have got them from my mom. She is the closest relative with blue eyes and they look a lot like hers so I can't be too sad about that. A piece of my mom near me always! I can't believe how fast she is already growing.
Other news, Libby had her 8 week check up, she is 24 inches long and weighs 14 pounds! She is in the 98th percentile for everything but off the charts for the size of her head! HELLO!?!? The dr isn't worried since it is proportionate to her body but GEESH no wonder she had issues fitting the bonnet! She doesn't fit a lot of her clothes anymore and even some of her 3-6 month stuff doesn't fit! It looks like she is going to have blue eyes which I just CANNOT GET OVER! Both Ben and I have brown eyes! The only thing that keeps me from not being sad about that is that she had to have got them from my mom. She is the closest relative with blue eyes and they look a lot like hers so I can't be too sad about that. A piece of my mom near me always! I can't believe how fast she is already growing.

7 comments:
How sweet! You look gorgeous! Are you sure you really had a baby?
So cute Linz! Blue eyes are da bomb--go Libby! And you look fab already. Sickening really!
Loved every inch of this post. Thanks for sharing.
that family picture kills me-it is gorgeous!! i only hope i can get one that great when we bless maura.
Such a sweet post. I can't wait to meet her. What a beautiful family you have and you are looking WONDERFUL! Love you!
what a sweet post. You guys are such a beautiful family!
Hello beautiful! You look fantastically gorgeous. Congrats to sweet Libby. Can't wait to meet her in a few months!
Side note: We still haven't blessed Drew. Slackers. Planning on January. :)
Post a Comment