Friday, July 10, 2009

It started with birthday plans.....

......went on to horrible neck pains, dad off to surfing, SIL Pepa doing my job as mom and more so, the surprise 30th bday party, goodbyes to the Blandfords, off to Oxford, a 2 year old bday, a 3 year anniversary, off to Portsmouth and finally back home to the mess we left behind! Well....that is kind of the story in a nutshell!

I had been planning Ben's 30th surprise party for some time! I planned for his mates to come down the Thursday before his birthday (July 4th) and take him away for a surf weekend. I also planned a surprise party on his bday in the evening for them to come back to. WELL....then my neck literally stopped working. The Tuesday before this all was supposed to happen I started having the worst neck pain in the world. I couldn't even move without tears....it was horrible! A blessing and a sister-in-law later, Ben thankfully got to leave on time for his surf weekend. Pepa helped me do everything since I could barely get to the bathroom without bawling my eyes out! My good friend Erana came over the next day to cook cupcakes with Pepa for the party....don't I have good people around me?!? I couldn't have done it without them! Saturday we took Owen and Noah and Pepa's two girls to Build-A-Bear for Owen and Noah's birthday. It was soooo expensive but really fun! Then we worked on party stuff all day for Ben on Saturday, decorated, waited for the bouncy boxing ring (as requested by Ben!) and the guys showed up along with heaps of our friends for the party...it was a blast!


(the boxing ring was taken over by little people but the gents still used the gloves regardless!)


the ice cream at McDonalds after Build-A-Bear was highly enjoyed!


Sunday we said goodbyes to our very dear friends the Blandfords. They moved back to Australia and left us in the dust!! So much had been going on before they left and truthfully their departure was quite quick. We had breakfast with them on Sunday morning and it just felt so normal, it didn't seem like they were really leaving! Although hugging them goodbye was hard! I ended up losing it when we drove to church. Good friends are hard to find...PERIOD but it is even harder to find couples that you both get along with so well. Ben is Ben's good friend and Erana is my good friend and our boys love each other! It was a good mix, one that has left a gaping hole in our ever growing hole in Plymouth. Have I said that we are READY READY READY to move on?!? Sometimes it seems that Ben will never get a job but we know that is not true but our patience has been HEAVILY tested!

Ben had some temporary work this week in Oxford. We decided we didn't want to miss Owen's birthday with our daddy nor our anniversary either so we travelled along!


I'm not one for living out of a suitcase..I just don't love it! BUT I really enjoy going with Ben on his auditing work trips. We get to see something new and Owen and I bond more, it's fun. Owen loves the TV all the more....it's funny!



Oxford is now one of my new favorite places in England. I will tell all that if you come here you must go see it. It is so beautiful and oozes intelligence.
I could live there for sure!










We celebrated Owen's second birthday (although he keeps telling people that he is three!). I can't believe that he is only two and that two years ago I had a newborn and that I'm doing it again! HA HA! He is such a joy to us, I really can hardly remember what it was like without him. Our O...fabulous at all he does!


Banoffee pie...ha ha...what a cake huh?!?
He didn't even care, he was much more interested in blowing out the candles!


He had LOTS of treats on his bday and lots of treats the whole week...
...ice cream was enjoyed MUCH!
Note to self: too much sugar brings on terrible twos!


This guy....what can I say....
he loves all things cars, balls and trains
he loves "Wow, wow Wubbzy" ALOT
he hates cucumbers and even upon seeing them says, "Ewww, ewww"
loves to kiss our baby sister on mom's belly and says "Hi baby!"
he can count to ten in English and count to four in Spanish

he is our consummate cookie monster and asks for them EVERYDAY
he is the biggest fan of daddy and definitely knows where to go when mom says NO
on Sunday's he always tells mom, "Cute shoes"
he snuggles when he wants but when he does it is DIVINE
he is such a good boy and listens well
if mom and dad are heavy discussing he will yell "NO! STOP!" at the top of his lungs
(we love that about him!)

the list for this guy is ever endless...we love you baby O




Ben and I celebrated our third anniversary! We both said in our cards that it seems like it has always been this way and that we have always been together. It has been a wonderful three years and we can't wait for more to come.





As for the rest of it....still applying to jobs....I'm getting bigger and starting to get uncomfortable but I am almost to the third trimester....woo-hoo home sailing from there right?!? HA HA! We are getting more excited but wish we knew where we were going to be! Only time will tell!

10 comments:

Courtney said...

Happy Birthday O! Happy Anniversary! What a big week for you all! I love weeks like that, when it seems like events just build upon more events! Then fun never ends...oh, until you get him and have tons of laundry and your son is still on a sugar high!

Love the portable piper pics btw, SO CUTE!

Katie said...

Love you guys so much. Loved catching up on your life with this post. Love Owen to pieces and can't wait for baby "Katie" to come out of your tummy.

Rachel Clare said...

Lovely post Lindsay. I adore those weddings pictures of you two. Happy Anniversary, and happy birthday(s) to Ben and Owen!
xoxo!

the Painters said...

The pictures are great Linds. I just love that little Owen to pieces. Happy birthday little guy! I MUST meet him next time you are here. Happy Anni too. Doesn't the time just race by when you are busy and having fun?!

Sarah Williams said...

ok the cake totally rocks. sugar is sugar- all good. doesn't need to be fancy. i hope you come back here or go somewhere cool so i can visit you.

Summertime Designs said...

Happy Birthday to Owen! Happy Anniversary to you and Ben! Happy about almost making it into the third trimester! Not happy about the neck pains (hope you're feeling better). I love that Owen thinks he's already 3 and that he tells you you have cute shoes. (What a sweet talker!). And I love that he is already greeting his baby sister. That is so sweet. Awesome pics and I love that they were taken with your iphone. You looked gorgeous on your wedding day.

kisha said...

That stinks about the neck... hope you are feeling better! Sounds like tons of fun. The fact that you can walk outside without fainting from 110 degree heat is enough to make me jealous. Happy Days to all!

The Blakes said...

What an eventful week for your little family! I love your posts - your life told mostly through your amazing artistry. Enjoy your special occasions!

Sara said...

You guys have been busy! I loved reading your update. So many wonderful things going on in your life. Sorry the job search has been so difficult.

Sarah S. said...

Happy Anniversary to you two. Seriously you guys look like Barbie and Ken in your wedding photo, beautiful! Happy Birthday to your little Owen as well. Do you just eat his cheeks all day?