Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Clutter & Cramped....

Wooo......we are feeling it! Both Ben and I can feel the air of "move-on and progression" and we are ready. I love England and there are a number of things I love about it. The amazing greenery wherever you go, the very obvious changing of the seasons, the history, some of the people, some of the food.....there are plenty of things I love but housing is NOT one of them. Most homes in England are not what my fellow Americans would consider even a decent sized home......to say the least!

Our flat is no longer big enough for our growing family. We've never had an extra room, attic or garage to be able to store things either so the clutter is piling.....and piling. THIS is something I cannot stand! It makes me want to RIP MY HAIR OUT!! I grew up in a very clean home with "stored things" stored away and I am SOOOO ready to throw lots of things out and find a new place where we have some more room and FINGERS CROSSED, storage. We feel very grateful for this flat and the story of how I found it is nothing short of a miracle. It is a decent size for the price we pay and it has been fun and memory filled but it has served it's purpose and it's time to move on!


Can you see what I mean with all the stupid clutter everywhere?!?!
I have nowhere else to put it!!

The interviews are trickling in but nothing with a lot of promise. Part of us is so desperate for a job that we will take about anything. However, I keep thinking back to when Ben and I were debating about him doing the masters degree. We had NO money and a new baby on top of that. We had absolutely no clue how it could be done BUT we felt the strong urge to somehow make it happen and that if we did so a good job would be produced at the end of it. So far interviews have been far and few between and the interviews that have happened do not suit the bill for the great sacrifice that has been made for school. We know we have to start somewhere but need a job that will take care of us and our necessities. So while we are restless we still have faith that the Lord will provide as we felt He would when we made that decision a long time ago. So we're doing all we can do and we wait......

On another note, our very good friends, the Blandfords are moving back to New Zealand. We are really sad about this! We were hoping they would be here for one more year!!! They are good people and have become our best playmates over the last year. However, we feel that we have forged a friendship that will last for a lifetime so we know that we will keep in touch.


Owen calls Noah "No-No" and Noah calls Owen "Owee" they are great mates!
We will miss No-No a lot!




We've only got a couple of weeks left with them so we have got to get our partying in!

3 comments:

Rachel Clare said...

Keeping you guys in my prayers- I hope he finds something fast!

Sara said...

I know what you mean about growing out of your home. It happened to us when Katie was born. Right now we are renting a place that is the perfect size for our small family but I'm afraid that by the time we can buy a home, we'll be too big for the typical size "starter" home.

You will continue to be in our prayers as Ben continues the job hunt. Good luck!

Emily & Co. said...

Some of our good friends here are from England and she was just telling me how "huge" my house is compared to the ones in England! Good luck w/everything!!!