Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Anybody ever been in a EARTHQUAKE?!?

We just were!


We got into Newport last night and were getting ready for the beach this morning and felt the shock of our lives!! So scary. Ben already feels convinced that we should never live here! I have to say even though it wasn't very big it was still scary scary! We had lots of little nieces that were flipping out but after a big family prayer..all is well. What do people do without prayer?

5 comments:

Barb's blessings said...

WELCOME TO CALIFORNIA. We wondered if you felt it. You can expect some aftershocks too but if you are outside you probably won't feel them. This was the biggest one I have felt. I was sitting in the family room on the recliner checking my email and watched as a bottle of Karo syrup fell out of my pantry and dropped onto the carpet and shattered. What a mess. Hope you're having fun! Luv, Aunt Barb

Nash said...

I felt it for a few seconds here in san diego. At first I wasn't sure what was going on, just thought the bed moved a bit, or somehow the door slammed and made the house shake a bit. crazy. my husband was not too far away golfing and didn't notice it. maybe because I was standing still? cool and scary.

Sarah Williams said...

i remember being 7 in idaho and a earthquake came. freaky cuz everything was falling off the walls and my mom made me go under the door frame. thats all i remember bout eq.

the Painters said...

Yes, WELCOME TO CALIFORNIA is right. I've been in a ton, including the HUGE Loma Prieta one in89 where the Bay brudge collapsed. I guess growing up in The Bay Area, I just got used to them but yes, they ARE scary and thank goodness you are all ok....

Jesse said...

Talk about coincidences.....my wife and I were in Newport that same day....Nothing like an earthquake to make your vacation worth it!