Well I have finally accepted defeat.
The elliptical is not doing the job fast enough so I have succombed to the fact that I have to run if I want to get the baby weight off. Most of you know this about me but let me remind you....
I. HATE. TO. RUN.
I wish I loved it. I would love to be able to go run and feel the "relief and stress cure" that so many avid runners talk about. BUT I don't. I'm the kind of runner who has to tell themselves...okay next corner and then talk myself into getting further and further. I blame the Westwood High School long distance coach. That's a whole other story though. Don't get me wrong. I always feel great when it's over but I loathe it while I'm doing it. Two things get me through it...the thought of getting into my pre-baby jeans along with a great set of abs and my ipod playlists. I'm starting to get bored of my playlists though. I know some of you have put your playlists up before but I need them again! It's a matter of life and death here! I may not make it through my next run!! I will share mine too! ALSO.....I want to know what you hot mamas have been doing to shed the pounds and get the rock bod.....share and share alike!
The current playlist:
Warm-up:
Brand New Day by Sting
Superstition by Stevie Wonder
Ooh La by The Kooks
Sun Goes Down by David Jordan
Futuresex-Lovesound by Justin Timberlake
With Every Heartbeat by Robyn
The Way I Are by Timbaland
The Grueling Death Run Itself:
Cry For You by September
Kerncraft 400 (DJ Gius mix) by Zombie Nation
Is it any Wonder by Keane
U +Ur Hand by P!nk
Don't Stop The Music (The Wideboys Club mix) by Rihanna
Around the World by Daft Punk
Stronger by Kanye West
Say Say Say (Waiting 4 U) by Hi-Tack
If You Don't, Don't By Jimmy Eat World
Big Brother Theme by Element Four
Right Here Right Now by Fatboy Slim
From Paris to Berlin by Infernal
Children By Robert Miles
One Way or the Other by Blondie
Blade (original club mix) by Warp Brothers
Ma Ya Hi by Dan Balan & Lucas Prata
About You Now by Sugababes
Maniac (DJ Promo version only) by Michael Sembello
Gotta Get Thru This by Daniel Bedingfield
I Love New York by Madonna
Girlfriend by Avril Lavigne
SOS (Nevins gam club mix)
Where is the Love by The Black Eyed Peas
Drop me in Middle by Natasha Bedingfield
Walking on Sunshine by Katrina and the Waves
Girls Get the Bass in the Back (Hey Baby remix) by Bounty Killer/No Doubt
Jump by Girls Aloud (the flip and fil remix is also AMAZING)
Cool Down:
Pow Wow Rhythm by Indian Spirit
This is the Life by Amy MacDonald
Bubbly by Colbie Callait
What it Feels like for a Girl by Madonna
Love Today by Mika
California Love by 2Pac
New Shoes by Paolo Nutini
Real Girl by Mutya Buena
Something Stupid by Robbie Williams and Nicole Kidman
Warm-up:
Brand New Day by Sting
Superstition by Stevie Wonder
Ooh La by The Kooks
Sun Goes Down by David Jordan
Futuresex-Lovesound by Justin Timberlake
With Every Heartbeat by Robyn
The Way I Are by Timbaland
The Grueling Death Run Itself:
Cry For You by September
Kerncraft 400 (DJ Gius mix) by Zombie Nation
Is it any Wonder by Keane
U +Ur Hand by P!nk
Don't Stop The Music (The Wideboys Club mix) by Rihanna
Around the World by Daft Punk
Stronger by Kanye West
Say Say Say (Waiting 4 U) by Hi-Tack
If You Don't, Don't By Jimmy Eat World
Big Brother Theme by Element Four
Right Here Right Now by Fatboy Slim
From Paris to Berlin by Infernal
Children By Robert Miles
One Way or the Other by Blondie
Blade (original club mix) by Warp Brothers
Ma Ya Hi by Dan Balan & Lucas Prata
About You Now by Sugababes
Maniac (DJ Promo version only) by Michael Sembello
Gotta Get Thru This by Daniel Bedingfield
I Love New York by Madonna
Girlfriend by Avril Lavigne
SOS (Nevins gam club mix)
Where is the Love by The Black Eyed Peas
Drop me in Middle by Natasha Bedingfield
Walking on Sunshine by Katrina and the Waves
Girls Get the Bass in the Back (Hey Baby remix) by Bounty Killer/No Doubt
Jump by Girls Aloud (the flip and fil remix is also AMAZING)
Cool Down:
Pow Wow Rhythm by Indian Spirit
This is the Life by Amy MacDonald
Bubbly by Colbie Callait
What it Feels like for a Girl by Madonna
Love Today by Mika
California Love by 2Pac
New Shoes by Paolo Nutini
Real Girl by Mutya Buena
Something Stupid by Robbie Williams and Nicole Kidman
I have to have a number of songs in the playlist cause sometimes I have to skip one or two. Maybe you can find a new song for your playlist....drop me a few of your favs in the comments!

7 comments:
I hate to run too! BUT my ipod playlist includes Mariah Carey's Emancipation of Mimi. Akon last album. (bought from walmart so no expletives) Brittney's new album. Fergie's last album. Queen's greatest hits. Def Lepards greatest hits.
Oh and about the weight, honey it's all genetics. Some can lose it right away and others like me take 2 plus years. I STILL cannot get into my pre baby jeans. I'm down to the pre baby weight but I doubt my jeans will ever fit me the same again. Just keep doing what you're doing though and you should lose it soon! I know running sucks but hopefully these tunes help.
I did the same thing, wanted the Eliptical to work but it didn't. Running does!!!
I love running to Carrie Underwood's old CD. You know the one with Before He Cheats and Young Hearts, I'll Stand by you. I also like Apologize by OneRepublic, anything from Fergie, her new one is great. And I love running to KT Tunstall. I can't wait to get back and run again. I've been on hiatus from running since being pregnant. I do swear by running to get the weight off though. That and cutting back on calories of course. Good luck. You look great though! :)
hey baba - bust out the old school punk stuff too - unwritten law, blink , some strung out and of course No Use - their new stuff is good too - I will get you some cd's when you get here. i have been all about social d lately - but i don't run right now either soooooooo...i hope it still helps - love ya!
Lindsay- I too have the elipitcal. A pretty nice one and it didn't help me lose the baby weight... I think they are great for pregnancy. To keep you active and feeling good, but to lose the pregnancy weight it's all about the running, unless you are blessed with the skinny genes (all of Chad's sisters who are smaller at the baby blessing than they were before they got pregnant...FREAKS if they weren't family I wouldn't be friends eith them:) Anyhow, I'll make you a cd and bring it to you in April of my music. Don't stress to hard and make sure you get sleep! A website that I like is sparkpeople.com it's a free website that you can enter all calories (it has a ton of stuff already) and exercise + calories burned. I liked it a lot. Now that I'm prego again, I want to eat well and not gain so much weight, but all I crave is waffles and Ice cream... not good:)
I sure love you and think you are BEAUTIFUL!
i hate running too! you inspire me. I'll think about running now that you are!
Holy crap how long are you running? Thats a ton of songs! I love the grammy nominies cds the 06,07,08 they have some different genres on them so you can hear some new stuff. Step up 2 is a little gangsta but its totally good moving music. I think your post baby weight may not be your prebaby weight! You have to find that happy weight that your not crabby and starving at. I just read that people lost 8 more pds over 3 months doing running drills like you would in soccer over flat out running(3 times a week). So mix it up with some sprints/walking/jogging, heck 8 pds is a lot! Are you still using your ketterbells?
Are you still nursing? I think you need close to 2000 calories a day to keep up your milk but if your done, drop it down to 1400 and dont forget the WEIGHTS! You gotta build muscle to burn calories and replace the fat. Even just 30 minutes a day 2-3 times a week will help. At least, in theory!
Post a Comment