Its a crazy thing this socialized healthcare. You could say Im not a big fan. It all started when my midwife asked me for my "morning urine" at my very first appointment. I said, "well uh yah Im ready to go." She said, "no didnt you bring it with you?" "Uh well you could say that." She then explained to me that each week I was to bring a urine specimen from the "morning wee" with me in a cup they would provide (though I have to wash it out at home and reuse it...eww). Im sorry but carrying my urine up to the doctors office and back in a ziploc is not what I call hygenic nor professional! Then she told me I didnt need to bring it in a baggy. Is she mental? Ugh. To top things off she is quite the traditionalist. Without coming right out and saying it she has made it known at every single appointment that she is not one for epidurals. She asks me if Im getting one everytime I see her. Last appointment she said to me and I quote, " you know I really think that you can endure a lot more pain than you think you can." @?!*%&^£ UMMM YAH BUT WHY IN THE H*** WOULD I?!?!?!? This isnt a flippin contest about who can endure pain and who is supposedly a "trooper" this is freaking childbirth!!!!! If I want an epidural NO ONE should stand in my way of getting one! UGH! Annoyed. No offense to all my English lovelies but seriously you've got no idea what you are missing. Yah you could say Im not a big fan...not a big fan at all!
Wednesday, February 28, 2007
Pee pee in a bag.........
Posted by
Linz
at
10:01 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
I don't know how you do it! I would get two epidurals if it was allowed. (Not even kidding)
Prepare yourself in case the epidural doesn't work. Happened to me twice and I wish I'd had some type of natural childbirth tips. Do they not have regular OB's there?
Oh, and at least you KNOW who's been sitting on your toilet. My husband despises public restrooms.
We have a nurse who just started at our hospital who was a midwife in "the UK" (Is that what people over there even call it?). Anyway, she said people there hardly ever get epidurals or episiotomys and "they do just fine". I don't really think they know what they're missing! I'm so sorry you can't just come back here and have that baby. We'd take such good care of you!
girl, you better GET that epidural!
I would prefer that they gave me the epidural before the labor started . . . seriously - Dave and I think people who go "natural" - are CRAZY.
I just think the epidural came about for a reason.
Post a Comment