Thursday, September 17, 2009




I had a blankey when I was little and kept it forever, foolishly gave it away....long story but sad that I don't have it for my little lady coming. Anyways, I kind of hoped that Owen would love to have one and he truly has loved this blankey from day one! My mom gave it to him and he has two others that are almost identical but THIS blankey is the all time fave. He has put holes in each corner of the blanket and fiddles with them when he is going to sleep. When my mom Skypes she always asks him to bring her the blankey so she can give it kisses and he thinks it's so funny! I asked him to give kisses to his blankey in these shots and he started to do it but then could not contain himself!! It was a riot, I could hardly take the shots, it was so funny!


A good friend of mine did this shot and executed it so much better....I seriously could not get it focused enough and just trying to get my feet in it was a total joke but there you have it.....the LARGE belly with still 5 weeks to go. I remember getting to this point with Owen and thinking...where else is this kid going to go?!?! I don't think she will be as big as Owen. It really feels, looks and carries so differently to Owen. I would really like a smaller one than 10lbs...that is about as large as I think I really want to go!

The belly button is slowly disappearing......








Owen has always LOVED the "gatego" (skateboard). He makes Ben take him on his all of the time and has just a board (no wheels) at home that he pretends to jump off of all of the time! Well, I made the mistake of walking into TK Maxx's toy area (that is no typo...that is what it is called here...same co.). He found this little skateboard, claimed it was his and literally walked up to the register the whole way saying, "Come on mom, come on!" He said it was his prize which had been promised earlier for his good behavior the whole day, usually that is a lollipop after dinner BUT it was dirt cheap and I totally caved. He is IN LOVE with it, talks about it all day! A good 5 quid well spent.

Ben had forbidden me from buying babylegs for Owen. He told me that "tights are for girls!" So I restrained for a VERY long time BUT...then I found these ones that have the flags of his countries! Ben doesn't love them but he loves the flags and said he could handle it if he wore them at home! HA HA! I think it is so cool that Owen has two great countries to call his own. I hope that he will appreciate them both to the same extent that we do.



We are still job searching....we know that something will come and we are learning A LOT of patience. I have a lot of unfinished work with Pied Piper and then I am making myself take a mandatory maternity leave! October 1st I will be closing Pied Piper for just a little bit! I need some boys time before another lady enters the house!

7 comments:

Jamie said...

Love the belly, love the Owen, love it all.

Summertime Designs said...

The pics of Owen and his blankie are a hoot! I am sad that Claire has not grown attached to anything. I have tried and tried...maybe when she gets a little older. I love the belly pic and the toe nails. Yah, this was that awkward stage of almost giving up on shaving the legs. Love the skateboard (and the story behind it) as well as the baby legs. I have never heard of those and that is so fun that he's got both countries represented! Hope you're feeling well and that your little gal pal is NOT 10 pounds!

the Painters said...

I love it all Lindsay. I love how smiley and giddy O is about life, his blankey, his skateboard. Alec has holes in his blankey too from biting it and just chewing it. Lindsay you are such an incredibly telented and beautiful photographer. I am sooo happy for you 3 to have this little baby girl join your family. I cannot wait to see all the pics when she arrives. Yay! love you.

Katie said...

Love all the pics and can't wait to hear about this baby you're gonna have.

Rachel Clare said...

You're so cute! I can say that- I'm huge too.
And that first series of Owen cracks me up- PRICELESS.

Hope you're well! Would love to sit and eat icecream with you while venting all of our pregnancy woes. :)

Let's Skype soon!

jen said...

Hey lady...LOVE these images!! Zoe has a blankey too that she adores...still at almost 7. :)

Great job on the belly shot...seriously a tricky one I KNOW!!! My belly button is pretty much nonexistant these days. Ha!

And ok those baby legs??? So dang cute! I think my hubby would hate them too, but those with both his flags are just TDF perfect!

When you & Rach are Skypin' let me know! Would love a good chat!

Lori said...

Love the pics of Owen with his blankey. Madi has to have her blankey with her and Jack has to have his stuffed Panda bear. One day Jack put his panda in the garbage and it was pure pandamonium. He would not take a nap without it.

It is great that you have cute belly pics. I didn't want any pictures of me when I was pregnant and definately regret it. Take it easy the next couple of weeks.

Lori M.