Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Battered, bruised but happy and fulfilled!

We just got back from the first family reunion of Ben's side of the family. It has been planned out the better part of the year and turned out so great that it will be a tradition from now on! We rented out a big holiday home in Dorset along the coast and the weather was PERFECT! Hot enough to play at the beach all day and cool enough at night to sit outside and eat dinner! We had some injuries...Ben's brother broke his wrist, skateboarding of all things and Owen got a huge gash on his forehead that we had to visit the hospital for and of course a beach vacation never goes without some sunburnt bodies. BUT it was so much fun and we are really missing everyone this week!


We had a few kayaks to use at the beach and surprisingly I really enjoyed them! Ben and Owen of course could not get enough!


He just LOVED it!


We visited some of the local ruins at Corfe Castle

I enjoyed the views..... ;)




Owen loves his cousins! It really goes to show that he could use some playmates because he gets around them and is OFF THE WALL! He played with Ava and Isobel all day long and then could not get enough of the older boys who are all older than 12. Matt being his particular favorite. He has talked about Matt everyday since we've been home.
Here is O with the girls in the tub!


It was so great, we're looking forward to the next one.
Here is the whole clan.....


The siblings with spouses..


The 19.5 grandkids and one great grandbaby!

I did not want to be in this photo but everyone made me get my belly in! BARF!

The main crew that started it all.....
the bottom row is Jo, the Ben's dad and mum, Jayne
the top row is Darren, Dave, Ben and Steve
I always refer to Jayne, Steve, Dave and Jo as the older four. Ben was born 10 years after Jo and Darren just after Ben. You wouldn't notice the big age gap though, they are all good friends and siblings!

I've always felt so lucky to be married into such a great family and with people who I feel I can call brothers and sisters and great friends. I think that is why we had a such a good time! We ate a lot and played games till the wee hours of the morning and LAUGHED till our sides ached! I can't wait to do it again!

In other news, we await our little lady in just a short 9 weeks! I can't believe how fast this pregnancy has FLOWN by! Both Ben and I can't believe how NOT ready we are! By this time with Owen we had his room completely done, stocked with plenty of nappies, burpers, clothes washed....everything was ready to go! None of that has been done with this babe! I think we are really hoping that we will be moved before she gets here....I'M REALLY HOPING THAT! I am huge and ready to pop I tell you. I think we are in for another big one!

1 comments:

Debbie said...

what fun! I love that fact that you have converted over to calling diapers, nappies!! I can still remember when our dear friends from england came to see us when Christina was a baby and she kept referring to her nappies. It took me a bit to finally realize what she was talking about. Good luck with baby #2.