






RIVERFORD FARM! Riverford is a local organic farm here that does what the UK calls "boxscheme" and fresh harvesting. You can order their fresh organic produce and they pick and deliver it to your house the next day! Its all produce that they farm IN ITS SEASON! I love that! Fruit and veg in its season is the very best for you and Im pretty sure that is the way the Lord intended it! You can also go to the farm itself and pick your own fruit and veg right out of the fields! Anyways, they do a "Pumpkin day" every year where you can go and help harvest the pumpkins! It was a horrible day for it weatherwise but we wanted to go anyways. They had all sorts of games going on, face painting, pumpkin carving, apple pressing (so DELISH!) guess the squash, and FOOD! Oh the food! Everything that they had to eat was made from the farm kitchen. The bread smell was everywhere! They had this pumpkin chilli.....TO DIE FOR! That was by far my most favorite part! The fresh pressed apple juice was so yummy...they gave this little boy one of the strainers....it was hilarious, he kept licking it and putting his entire face in it...my kind of man!
Other news....after three weeks of 2am and then 5am feeds Mom had ENOUGH! We put our 16 week old on "hungrier baby" formula mixed with some rice cereal and he slept 9 hours Thursday night and 11 hours last night....we're praying that it sticks! I had a few people tell me to wait till he was 6 months old to go for the cereal but COME ON....my baby, size wise, IS a 6 month old! HE'S OVER 18 pounds! I dont blame him for wanting a bit more than the skim!
Ben is crazy busy with his master's, work, young men's and being a dad/husband! Im busy trying to figure out this motherhood thing! Juggling, cooking, cleaning, laundry....oh I do sooo much laundry! Its a daily progression but Im figuring it all out! I still freelance for the museum which is great and a bit of Pied Piper! The website launches soon so keep watching my blog! We are soooo looking forward to our trip to AZ! We cant wait!
That's all for now...we'll post soon!
Saturday, October 27, 2007
Pumpkin day....
Posted by
Linz
at
12:09 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

8 comments:
Linz: I have been visiting your blog for some time and even left you a few comments but I totally understand that you have one crazy life right now!! I'm glad that you found us as hopefully we will be able to keep in touch through the distances. Would LOVE!!! to see you over Christmas. Your little (BIG) boy is so absolutely darling. Love the photography as well. You are gifted!! And yes our header is an Annie Ballard original! haha
Great pics Linz! Seems you are doing so well. I hope to see you also over Christmas break. I love little Owen. He is a doll, a big boy doll, but a doll!
That pumpkin harvest sounds so fun! I so want to try that pumpkin chili... yum! I'm so glad that Owen slept so well for you! 9 hours and 11 hours... I bet you feel like a million bucks after getting a whole nights sleep.
I miss you and am so glad your doing well!
Love the new background! So glad that Owen is sleeping for you now....much deserved, eh? Can't wait to see you in a month!!
That chili looks divine..I LOVE looking at your pics. You are so talented!!
Lindsay,
Love your BLOG. It is looking so festive! You are too talented my litta chica. Owen is looking yummy and it sounds to me that he needed a little more to keep him full. Can't believe he's already 18lbs. That is so awesome. Love the fresh food too. We get our milk and eggs delivered every week from Winder Farms and fresh produce when it's in season. LOVE IT. They don't add any hormones to any of their food or milk. I working on it to get to Arizona to see you.
I'm all for modifying the feeding so the baby sleeps through the night! Hope your getting some rest! I love the farm pictures, it looks so beautiful there!
I lvoe the new lay out....and you are such a good photographer! Your pics all look like they would come out of a magazine.
You will have to tell me more about the hungy baby formula! I am dying....Brody is still waking up twice a night...I am a walking zombie. How nice Owen slept for 11 hours!
Post a Comment